SUMMARY: This position will be responsible for the facility processing and equipment to maintain top efficiency and eliminate down time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements on engines, motors, conveyor systems, production machines and wrapping machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operations; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring devices.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels and straightedges.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventative maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Must be knowledgeable and able to work on wrapping equipment with timing and programmable logic controls (PLCs).
- Needs to be familiar and able to work with packaging/wrapping, ink jet printing systems.
- Competent and familiar with working with electrical, three phase, higher voltage systems (480 volt systems).
- Possess strong diagnostic, trouble-shooting skills in order to make necessary repairs.
- Possessing refrigeration knowledge beneficial.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Follows proper chain of command.
- Must be able to exercise proper care and operation of company equipment, conveyors and central nitrogen system in a safe manner.
- Promotes company values of dignity, excellence and integrity.
- Must be willing and able to work in a strong team environment in a diverse culture environment.
- Must be able to be flexible and adapt to change in an effective and efficient manner.
- Must follow company’s best work practices.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- Report to work in appropriate attire and maintain good hygiene.
- Must report to work as scheduled and maintain good attendance record.
- Must be able to be accessible and flexible when needed to report to work to address production issues when not normally scheduled.
- Participate in company designated, mandatory training.
- Utilizes appropriate personal protective equipment when necessary.
- Perform any and all other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This individual must be Safety conscience. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.